Las Brisas School
Located in the Cantón de Pococí of Limon Province, Las Brisas is off the beaten path even by Costa Rican standards. This year the school has 14 students, 10 boys and 4 girls. Two classrooms,a dinning area and one bathroom.
VIEW THIS PROJECT...
VIEW List of Needs..
Multi-age learning has many advantages but makes teaching very difficult.
NEXT / PREVIOUS PROJECT
EcoTeach guides who helped build part of the school given a presentation by the whole student body (in white).
Buildings are build to a basic standard and are famous for resisting earthquakes deteriorate at a rapid rate in the low-land humid rainforest.
Each year we send a request for a "wish list" to the schools in Costa Rica. Both large needs and classroom supplies. We ask again for the "dream list" which takes a bit more consideration.
Please note: If you would like to contribute towards the purchase of one or more of these items send a check to the following address and in the comment space designate the item(s):
Poulsbo, WA 98370 USA
If your planning to bring items down, let us know so we don't duplicate!
General Objective: To ensure timely and effective response to the requirements of the physical plant
1. Making a sidewalk to the front of the school
2. Labeling: It requires a sign that says Escuela Las Brisas de Veragua and Signs with the Mission and Vision of the School
3. Floor Tiles for both classroom
4. Projector: It requires an interactive projector in the classes in order to project educational presentations, documentaries and educational videos
5. Folding plastic tables and chairs for the lunch room
6. Building material such as cement, block, sand to expand the health service Act 7600
7. Locking file cabinet 4 metal drawers to store important documents, records etc.
8. Chain-link Fencing for school
Parents of children are also expected to supply clean uniforms every day, backpacks with the basics (notebooks, pencils, pens rulers..). At Staples in Costa Rica this would cost about $50, beyond what most can afford!
Each year we send a request for a "wish list" (RFP on foundation terms:) to the schools in Costa Rica. Often the list is very much the same from year to year. Classroom supplies are quite similar the world over. Paper, pencils and art supplies. We ask again for the "dream list" which takes a bit more consideration.
EcoTeach Foundation - firstname.lastname@example.org – 800-626-8992x16
Po.O.Box 604 Poulsbo, WA 98370 USA